In the instance of an emergency please call 999


Find someone to call at any time of the day


Find someone to talk to face to face


Find and compare rehabilitation centres


Find legal guidance and information on what your employer needs to know


Use these pages to search clinics, therapists and rehabs by postcode


When looking for support you will find you have a lot of different questions. We have tried to answer some of them

There are many useful websites addressing mental health issues. Some of these are particularly directed at accessing NHS care, and others are provided by voluntary sector/charitable organisations and may be more focused on the experiences of people using services or their families.
Where should I start?
Most people visit their GP to discuss concerns about mental health issues and they will assess your circumstances and offer appropriate advice or treatment. They can also refer you to a psychological therapy service or a specialist mental health service for further advice or treatment. However, nine out of ten adults with mental health problems are supported in primary care and relatively few are referred on to more specialist mental health care (secondary care services).

Mental health services may be provided by your GP surgery, a large local health centre, a specialist mental health clinic, or a hospital. The treatment may be provided on a one-to-one basis or in a group with others with similar difficulties, and therapy sometimes also involves partners and families.

What are the potential pathways to mental health support?
There are a very wide range of NHS mental health services. These range from services provided in primary care (GP practices and health centres) for people with common and mild mental health problems right through to very specialist services provided in hospitals and inpatient units... people contact their GP in the first instance and receive treatment in their local area.
How does the NHS mental health system work?